Solved: How do I request a refund from Intuit for an rejec...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlieKWalker
Level 1

How do I request a refund from Intuit for an rejected efile with TurboTax Deluxe?

How do I request a refund from Intuit for an rejected efile with TurboTax Deluxe? Clicking Contact Us on the website does nothing. I merely want to have the fee charged for efiling refunded as I had to mail the forms instead of efiling. The return was for a deceased person whose SSN was locked and therefor ineligible for efile.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
xmasbaby0
Level 15

How do I request a refund from Intuit for an rejected efile with TurboTax Deluxe?

If you are referring to the desktop software , there is a state e-file fee of $24.99-- is that what you mean?  That is the only e-file fee for using TurboTax.  If it charged you for state e-filing, contact customer support for help.  

Use the word "billing"  -- not "refund."  

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

3 Replies
xmasbaby0
Level 15

There is no extra e-filing fee with online TurboTax.  The fee is the same whether you e-file or mail the return in an envelope.  The fee is for using the software to prepare the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
CharlieKWalker
Level 1

@xmasbaby0I used TurboTax Deluxe which does charge you to efile. I did not use online turbotax so your answer does not apply to my circumstances.

xmasbaby0
Level 15

If you are referring to the desktop software , there is a state e-file fee of $24.99-- is that what you mean?  That is the only e-file fee for using TurboTax.  If it charged you for state e-filing, contact customer support for help.  

Use the word "billing"  -- not "refund."  

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time 

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings