upstairs1320

How do I report my income from being a campaign organizer that was paid by check without tax deductions or W2's or any other forms? I am a student and made 4.5k.

Do I just show as tip and other forms of income?  I had no other job in 2016.

MichaelMc

You are, probably without realizing it, self-employed. You can use TurboTax Online Premier if your business only claims standard vehicle mileage, phone expenses, and/or miscellaneous expenses up to $100.

TurboTax Self-Employed provides full support for Schedules C and C-EZ.

The Self-Employed version supports additional business expenses, including home offices and depreciation, and provides additional coaching to maximize your business-related deductions.

Finally, if you have net earnings from self-employment of $400 or more, you must file Schedule SE and pay self-employment tax (the employer's and employee's share of Social Security and Medicare taxes) on that income.