turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

horling

How do I report interest on sixteen series I savings bonds I redeemed in 2017 that were purchased at various times over ten years?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I report interest on sixteen series I savings bonds I redeemed in 2017 that were purchased at various times over ten years?

You go to the interest income section in TurboTax. 

When you get to this area and the Bank's name is listed from the 1098INT you received, you should see a small box below the bank name that you need to check : My Form has info in more than just box 1.

Then you will see Box 3 to report the US Savings bond interest.  If you cashed them in at one bank, you can report the total amount, not each bond separately. 

TurboTax will ask you some additional questions regarding the bonds. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You go to the interest income section in TurboTax. 

When you get to this area and the Bank's name is listed from the 1098INT you received, you should see a small box below the bank name that you need to check : My Form has info in more than just box 1.

Then you will see Box 3 to report the US Savings bond interest.  If you cashed them in at one bank, you can report the total amount, not each bond separately. 

TurboTax will ask you some additional questions regarding the bonds. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies