haymes12

How do I report interest income below $10 and no 1099-INT? Turbotax will not complete interest income with Fed number.

Without Federal Identification Number
Hal_Al

Enter it at the 1099-INT screen, even though you do not actually have a 1099-INT.  TurboTax will ask if the payer provided a Fed number (Employer Identification Number- EIN).  When you answer no, it will let you proceed without it.  

haymes12

I do not see: Turbo Tax will ask if if the payer provided a Fed number.

BillM223

When you click the button to add a 1099-INT, when it asks for a bank or financial institution sign in, click on "I'll type it in myself".

Fill in the boxes on the next screen (you will notice that none of them ask for the institution's FEIN).

I suspect that you @haymes12 are using the Online software whereas Hal_Al is using the desktop software, and, unfortunately, the interviews sometimes vary between editions.

@haymes12 let us know if you have any more problem with this.

haymes12

I am using the online version.  When follow the instructions in your response, the interest income category says "Needs Review" and will never include interest income in my income total.  Even if i say I will type it myself, the FEIN block is there.