turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I remove the "Employment Expenses" part of my return, which was added in error, due to Turbotax ignoring my "NO" response to it's question?

Turbotax Deluxe added an "Employment Expenses" section even though I clicked "NO".  Now it says I need to wait for a form before I can file, that isn't available yet.

I just want to delete or get rid of that section, since it is all zeroed out anyway, so the form will no longer be required and I can go ahead with filing the return.

I did the recommended solution and it said it deleted the form, but it didn't, so I still have the same problem.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

How do I remove the "Employment Expenses" part of my return, which was added in error, due to Turbotax ignoring my "NO" response to it's question?

Go to Forms, on the upper right, then select the 2106 on the left.  Click on it to open it , scroll down and Delete. with Delete button on the bottom.  You should not "zero out" amounts anywhere in TurboTax unless you are specifically told to enter a zero if you have none.  The program reads zeroes as an amount, just an acceptable amount.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anita01

Go to Forms, on the upper right, then select the 2106 on the left.  Click on it to open it , scroll down and Delete. with Delete button on the bottom.  You should not "zero out" amounts anywhere in TurboTax unless you are specifically told to enter a zero if you have none.  The program reads zeroes as an amount, just an acceptable amount.

Turbotax Premier added an "Employment Expenses" section even though I clicked "NO"  After answering NO to Teacher Expenses, I also answered NO to employment expenses. TurboTax ignored my NO, and then asked me for my occupation, and then asked a bunch of questions. And just for me, not my spouse.  I answered NO, but that was ignored, and thus it created a useless form 2106 with occupation listed as UNKNOWN. And that was for me. It did not go through this for my spouse? 1st, why ignore my no and create the form, and two, my then not for my spouse? What now?

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Try deleting the form.

1. Under Tax Tools, choose Tools
  2. Choose Delete a Form
  3. Scroll through your return until you find Form 2106, click Delete to the right of the form
  4. Confirm that you wish to delete the form
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies