How do I refile my tax return on turbotax after it...

katiepx1

How do I refile my tax return on turbotax after it has been rejected due to lack of IP Tax PIN number? Thank you

The 2019 tax return can no longer be e-filed using TurboTax, it must be printed and mailed so the PIN is not needed.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.  Include with the mailed return any forms W-2 and 1099 which have taxes withheld.  Go to this IRS website for mailing addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date if filing for a tax refund or there are no taxes owed.

Sorry--it is too late to e-file.  You missed the deadline to fix it and e-file.  Now your 2019 return can only be filed by printing it, signing it in ink, and mailing it.  You do not need the 2018 AGI or PIN in order to mail the return.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.