How do I opt out of turbo tax live self employed, it’s $199, that’s a lot.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2018 online tax return.  Click on Clear & Start Over.

I cant even get that screen to come up. It always shows the mobile app version. With literally no options.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

@Slovar89 If you would like to downgrade to a lower-priced version of TurboTax, you will need to use the clear and start over feature which is not available on the mobile app. What you can do is login to TurboTax Online with your User ID and password to access the clear and start over feature and switch to your preferred version of TurboTax. Once you have done so, you can return to the TurboTax mobile app and continue your return. 

For additional information on switching TurboTax versions,  please see Can I downgrade to a lower-priced version of TurboTax Online?