turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bgeige01

How do I know if Turbo Tax is calculating my dividends as QUALIFIED or not? That makes a difference. Nothing says qualified on the dividends area. ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I know if Turbo Tax is calculating my dividends as QUALIFIED or not? That makes a difference. Nothing says qualified on the dividends area. ?

You can preview your Form 1040 and any qualified dividend amounts you entered will appear on Line 3a of Form 1040

Follow these steps to preview your return -

• On the left side of your screen, there should be an option for Tax Tools
  • Select "Tools" from the dropdown and choose View My Tax Summary
  • Select Preview my 1040 on the left hand side after you select View My Tax Summary to get a preview of your actual tax form
  • Find line 3a for Qualified Dividends

If you download the pdf of the return, there will also be a tax calculation worksheet entitled "Qualified Dividends and Capital Gains" that shows the tax calculation.  But, you will need to download the pdf with the forms and worksheets to see this form. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can preview your Form 1040 and any qualified dividend amounts you entered will appear on Line 3a of Form 1040

Follow these steps to preview your return -

• On the left side of your screen, there should be an option for Tax Tools
  • Select "Tools" from the dropdown and choose View My Tax Summary
  • Select Preview my 1040 on the left hand side after you select View My Tax Summary to get a preview of your actual tax form
  • Find line 3a for Qualified Dividends

If you download the pdf of the return, there will also be a tax calculation worksheet entitled "Qualified Dividends and Capital Gains" that shows the tax calculation.  But, you will need to download the pdf with the forms and worksheets to see this form. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies