tc1dreamkidd

How do I know if my taxes have been done since my wife filed our taxes jointly unde her turbotax account. Do I still need to file under my account as well?

My wife filed federal taxes jointly. She input her w2 and my w2. Federal and state taxes were filed but I want to make sure we did it correctly and my federal and state taxes we done with hers since we filed jointly. (This is our first time filing married jointly)
SteamTrain

1)  NO...if she filed a MFJ tax return, you do not file form your own account....the one she did is enough.

2)  Have her print out the forms and LOOK at them.  You should always print a paper copy to look at, and save in your own home tax file.  Online "free" software will not allow you access to past year's tax returns, so print them out every year.

3) Re-Check the filing status for the tax that was filed here.  The SSN for the first person listed on that tax return must be used...so you do need to see it first.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*