ortizyocelyn

How do I know how much I owe the state and when do I have to pay it ?

ddaven12

The deadline to pay the taxes due is April 18th 2017 to avoid a late payment penalty. If you have already filed your tax return, here are the steps to verify the state tax amount owed:

• Sign into your Online account.
  • Go to My TurboTax at the top.
  • Select My Tax Timeline.
  • Scroll down to see the amount due.

You may have scheduled to have the amount due debited from your bank account. Please follow the steps below to verify:

• Sign into your Online account.
  • Go to My TurboTax on the top left.
  • Then select My Tax Timeline. 
  • Scroll down to Some Things You Can Do and select Download All forms and worksheets.
  • If this is for a state payment the account information would be located on the State Information Worksheet-Part V.

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the State.

Due to high e-filing volume it can take a few more days to process and it can then take your bank another few days to post the payment to your account.

No worries; as long as you filed your return or extension on or before April 18, 2017 and you selected April 18, 2017 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for a late payment.

If you still don't see the debit 7-10 days after your return has been accepted,  contact your state tax agency, for assistance.