Solved: How do I input Misc Income from a 1099 Misc Income that is not a business or farm income, but a reimbursement as a retiree from my employer?

How do I input Misc Income from a 1099 Misc Income that is not a business or farm income, but a reimbursement as a retiree from my employer?

In the past, when I entered this Misc Income it would be put on line 21 of my 1040 as Misc Income. Now I can't make that occur. It keeps taking me to Schedule C and seems to treat it as business income. There is no way that I can fill out that schedule. My employer, whom I retired from, has a reimbursement to retirees who work with a financial planner to put together a life plan. They send me a 1099 for the money they reimbursed me. This has never been a problem in the past. On the misc income form in TT, one line 3 I enter the amount, check the other income box and them TT takes me to Sch C. What am I doing wrong?

You are doing nothing wrong. Here is how to report this as "Other Income" on your tax return:

Start in Federal Taxes >> Wages & Income >> 1099-MISC and Other Common Income >> Income From Form 1099-MISC. Click "Start" work through the interview.

After entering the info from the 1099-MISC, continue until you see the question about this being connected to your main job, and say "no." Check only the box for 2015 income. Then answer that this was not an "intent to make a profit." Those three answers should classify this as "Other Income", which will appear on Line 21 on Form 1040.

I am having difficulty with 1099 misc box 3 entry using TT. Earnings were for 3 day use of my home for movie by production company. TT sent me to Premier and then told me less than 15 days didn't need schedule E. They also kept putting earning intoself employment and added social security and medicare. How do I get it to line 21 for other income and how do I get back to deluxe from premier?

like to get response on e-mail to [pii removed]

This post is over 2 years old. Please post your question in a new thread so you receive specific instructions for the current tax year.