markdomrath

How do I get w-2 turbotax said they had it?

AndreaC1

You may be able to import it into TurboTax if your employer is a TurboTax Import Partner. But TurboTax doesn't have a copy of your W-2. 

If you’d like to try and import the W-2 into TurboTax, go here How do I import or enter my W-2? and you’ll need your Employer Identification Number, the amount from Box 1 of that W-2 and possibly Box D control number. 

Keep in mind, employers have until January 31 to mail out W-2s, which means your W-2 should arrive any day now. Otherwise, while you're waiting, here's some things you can do:
  • Ask your employer when they mailed out their W-2s.
  • Did your employer mail your W-2 to an old address? If so, ask them to re-send it to the new one.
Other Helpful Information:

AndreaC1

Other Helpful Information: