Solved: How do I get turbotax to direct download taxable income from the banks etc, as in the past?

How do I get turbotax to direct download taxable income from the banks etc, as in the past?

Can turbotax donwload my income reports from banks and brokers insstead of my entering them?

Yes, you can securely import Forms 1099-B ( Brokerage statement ), 1099-DIV (dividend income ), 1099-INT (interest income ), 1099-OID, and 1099-R into TurboTax, provided your brokerage or financial institution is a participating TurboTax Import Partner.

When you get to the place in TurboTax where we ask if you received that form, answer Yes and we'll give you the option to import.

You can also jump straight to the section for your specific 1099 form. Here's how:

1. With your return open, search for the form – For example, search for “1099-B”.
  2. Click the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Now follow the screens and you’ll be able to import your form.

Tip: When selecting your financial institution or brokerage from the list, be sure to select the right one. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the "wrong" First National Bank, you won't be able to import.