How do I get the military discount for my state tax return? It's trying to charge me $44.99 to file with California (home of residence and stationed in CA)

pbjellygp

The TurboTax military discount says "E1 – E5: Free federal and state filing with Free Edition or Deluxe".  Yet it's trying to charge me $44.99 to file my California tax return (CA is home of residence and state I'm stationed in).

CarolynM

Here is how to get the discount applied:

1.       Go back to the special website provided by your bank, credit union, or insurance company and select the TurboTax link or icon.

o   This will take you to the special TurboTax-branded affiliate site with the discounted pricing.

2.       Sign in to TurboTax and be sure to select the Take me to my return button.

3.       Select Tax Tools on the left, and then Tools.

4.       Now select the My Fees button. It should show the discount.

Still Having Problems?
The next step is to 
allow cookies. Then follow steps 1-5 again