copriska

How do I get the 1099 import option to work again after I have entered most of my 1099 data by hand. Now that I want to use it, only the by hand option is available.

I normally enter my 1099 data by hand but I have a new consolidated 1099 that is importable but Turbo Tax no longer gives me the option to choose to import a 1099.  It assume I want to enter it by hand like it did with all the others that I have already entered.  How do I get the import option to work again?

PatriciaV

Yes, you can return to the Import topic to transfer a consolidated Form 1099 into TurboTax.

This topic is found at the top of the Wages & Income page under the Personal tab (or Federal Taxes in some version). See screenshot below - click to enlarge.

Click View, then choose "Add Other Documents" and follow the prompts to import your 1099 information.