turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

brandegv

How do I get my 2020 TurboTax Premier (CD install) to show up in my downloads? I entered the license code but it tells me it is already associated with another account.

There are other accounts with same email so maybe it somehow got associated with one of them but I can't tell. Anyway to change which account the license is associated with so I have all my years of downloads in one place?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

How do I get my 2020 TurboTax Premier (CD install) to show up in my downloads? I entered the license code but it tells me it is already associated with another account.

Try downloading the software directly from TurboTax by following the directions below:

1. Go to InstallTurboTax.com.
  2. Set up a TurboTax account if you don't already have one. If you do, sign in. (If you don’t remember your credentials, you can walk through our Account Recovery page to see if you already have an account.)
  3. Enter your license code in the pop up window.
    • It’s a 16-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that can be found on your CD box insert, envelope, or packing slip. (Note: The 2019 product has a 14-character code that looks like this: XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX)
  4. Select your operating system, and select Get Download.
  5. Download your software and install.
    • When you get to the Your product is installed, now let's activate it screen, enter your license code in the License code box, and select Continue to complete installation.

If you need help installing, we can help with Windows and Mac.

If you continue to have the same problem, please click  Contact Customer Service for further assistance. Choose CD/Download in the drop-down box.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did you already install using the CD?  There is a problem. There are lots of posts.   You have to call in and get the download and a new code.  Hope you get someone who knows that.

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time
7 days a week
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

I hate this !!!  Wasted the day yesterday trying to work with a $110 program which wouldn't let me download ...discovered the $90 version which I've used in previous years after buying the $110 one ...  even tried the one which will bill me after its done and hated the format - doesn't give me enough information or control.  Order #QSTCA146688838

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@AGYFXRVLHSCGC84R

An agent can assist you with this. This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.

Contact an agent

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies