How do I get back the federal income tax withheld on a W-2 from IHSS (Medicaid waiver/difficulty of care)?

I received a W-2 from IHSS. I am the provider for my disabled daughter and we live in the same home. These payments are part of a Medicaid waiver program, but they listed them as income in box 1 AND they withheld federal tax income. What do I do? They’ve never withheld before - I want the money back! How do I fix this?

These payments are excluded from income.  However, if you have received a W-2 that shows that either Federal and/or state tax were withheld from your payments, then you will file a tax return to have those withholdings returned.  Here's an FAQ with additional information on this:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4360071