turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I find out where I entered misc income for proctoring ACT exams. It shows on the 1040 review as sch C income but I can't find it in the wages income questions.

a schedule C income and combined it with my income for proctoring SAT exams which I got an 1099 for.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

How do I find out where I entered misc income for proctoring ACT exams. It shows on the 1040 review as sch C income but I can't find it in the wages income questions.

It's not "wages".

Although it may be news to you that you “have a business” (and most of the other people who get their first 1099-MISC); The IRS considers anything in box 7 of 1099-MISC to be self employment income. You entered the 1099-Misc income, at Other Common income / income from a 1099-MISC . TurboTax (TT)  completed Schedule C or C-EZ for you. You also have to pay self employment tax (social security & Medicare) on any profits greater than $400. So, TT also prepared schedule SE.

These types of payments are frequently done this way. Your "employer" is not the only one. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hal_Al
Level 15

It's not "wages".

Although it may be news to you that you “have a business” (and most of the other people who get their first 1099-MISC); The IRS considers anything in box 7 of 1099-MISC to be self employment income. You entered the 1099-Misc income, at Other Common income / income from a 1099-MISC . TurboTax (TT)  completed Schedule C or C-EZ for you. You also have to pay self employment tax (social security & Medicare) on any profits greater than $400. So, TT also prepared schedule SE.

These types of payments are frequently done this way. Your "employer" is not the only one. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies