chermarie123

How do I find my 2018 estimated quarterly tax amount (this is my first year doing this). I see TurboTax says the voucher is auto generated, but WHERE?... Thx!

To locate 1040-ES in TurboTax click on the following tabs:

·        Federal Taxes (personal in the Home & Business version)

·        Other Tax Situations

·        Other Tax Forms

·        Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes, click Start, Update or Revisit

We'll automatically prepare estimated tax payment vouchers (Form 1040-ES) if your tax payments put you at risk for an underpayment penalty next year, based on the safe-harbor rules.

You can also enter projections for next year's return by searching for 1040-es inside your TurboTax program. Answer No if asked if you want to change your W-4 withholdings (unless you want to step through the withholdings interview first).

Then, on the Review Your Estimates screen, select Review Now and start entering next year's info. If it looks like you may get hit with an underpayment penalty based on your estimated projections, we'll prompt you to print out next year's estimated tax vouchers.

Related Information:

·        Can TurboTax calculate the estimated payments for next year's state taxes?

·        Do I need to make estimated tax payments to the IRS?

GEN86801

- Answered by  TurboTax FAQ   to  this question