turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I find a state tax question that I think I entered incorrectly? I checked a "Yes" box on line 5? and I don't understand why it deleted my refund amount. Help!

It referred me to this question on a Form IT-215 (? which I don't even use) as something I left out.  I use IT-201
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I find a state tax question that I think I entered incorrectly? I checked a "Yes" box on line 5? and I don't understand why it deleted my refund amount. Help!

You may need to contact an agent for assistance with this.  This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.

Contact an agent

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

You can try doing state over.  Delete the state and then re-add it.

To delete your state return see this….
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...

Thank you, VolvoGirl.  I didn't see where to delete my state taxes, so thanks for pointing that out.  I did my state tax from the beginning and that question never popped up, so I received my NYC School Credit, as I do every year.  I can only assume that when I was directed to complete an un-usual question on the first go-round, that that was a glitch with Turbotax.

4 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to contact an agent for assistance with this.  This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.

Contact an agent

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You can try doing state over.  Delete the state and then re-add it.

To delete your state return see this….
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...

Thanks, SForrestLO, but unfortunately, talking to anyone at Turbotax involves a fee and I'm not willing to pay $35 to answer a simple question for my simple taxes.

Thank you, VolvoGirl.  I didn't see where to delete my state taxes, so thanks for pointing that out.  I did my state tax from the beginning and that question never popped up, so I received my NYC School Credit, as I do every year.  I can only assume that when I was directed to complete an un-usual question on the first go-round, that that was a glitch with Turbotax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies