samibundette4

How do I find a state tax question that I think I entered incorrectly? I checked a "Yes" box on line 5? and I don't understand why it deleted my refund amount. Help!

It referred me to this question on a Form IT-215 (? which I don't even use) as something I left out.  I use IT-201

SForrestLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

You may need to contact an agent for assistance with this.  This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.

Contact an agent

You can try doing state over.  Delete the state and then re-add it.

To delete your state return see this….
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...

samibundette4

Thank you, VolvoGirl.  I didn't see where to delete my state taxes, so thanks for pointing that out.  I did my state tax from the beginning and that question never popped up, so I received my NYC School Credit, as I do every year.  I can only assume that when I was directed to complete an un-usual question on the first go-round, that that was a glitch with Turbotax.

SForrestLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Contact an agent

To delete your state return see this….

samibundette4

Thanks, SForrestLO, but unfortunately, talking to anyone at Turbotax involves a fee and I'm not willing to pay $35 to answer a simple question for my simple taxes.

samibundette4