Solved: How do I file my taxes if I accidentally made a payment through the IRS website instead of Turbotax?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I file my taxes if I accidentally made a payment through the IRS website instead of Turbotax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

How do I file my taxes if I accidentally made a payment through the IRS website instead of Turbotax?

You file as normal. Just indicate that you do not want to pay your taxes through TurboTax (pay by check) when asked how you want to pay your federal taxes (this question appears in the File section).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Level 1

You file as normal. Just indicate that you do not want to pay your taxes through TurboTax (pay by check) when asked how you want to pay your federal taxes (this question appears in the File section).

View solution in original post

I just spoke to someone from Turbotax regarding this. She had me select the option to pay with a check instead of your option. Do I need to send paper work to the IRS?
Level 1

Paying by check is the same as not paying through TurboTax. You do not need to send any additional paperwork in unless the program told you to. You can visit <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/Payments">https://www.irs.gov/Payments</a> to make your payment.

Thank you.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings