How do I file a complaint, with TurboTax without h...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmh92

How do I file a complaint, with TurboTax without having to pay to talk to someone about a mistake they have made on their end?

6 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

How do I file a complaint, with TurboTax without having to pay to talk to someone about a mistake they have made on their end?

Click this link for FREE Phone Support.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
VolvoGirl
Level 15

What was the mistake?  Have you already filed?  Maybe we can help you fix it.  It is usually an entry error by the user.

5472lc

5472lc

Incorrect filing status.  I’m single, no dependents, not a dependent.  I sent in amended forms per IRS request/requirements in March.  They have ‘no information available’ is the message I receive upon contacting irs.

5472lc

Please hold your desire to report ‘usual’ activity.  I need resolution regarding my Specific issue.  I’ve followed procedure as instructed by the IRS to rectify the mistake - TurboTax made - to no avail.

Critter-3
Level 15

Not sure how you think TT made an error ... the MY INFO section is totally dependent on the user to answer the questions properly ... Single is the correct filing status AND marital status  if you are unmarried  and the question about you being claimed as a dependent  is only something you can answer ... the program cannot see you or your situation to make that determination ... if you do not understand the question the program has blue LEARN MORE links to click on ... the user must avail themselves of all sources presented to make the best choices.    

All you can do now is amend the return to correct the error ... amended returns this year will take 4 to 6 months to process so patience will be needed. 

claim as a dependent.PNG

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings