How do I file a complaint, with TurboTax without h...

kmh92

How do I file a complaint, with TurboTax without having to pay to talk to someone about a mistake they have made on their end?

MarilynG1

Click this link for FREE Phone Support.

What was the mistake?  Have you already filed?  Maybe we can help you fix it.  It is usually an entry error by the user.

5472lc

5472lc

Incorrect filing status.  I’m single, no dependents, not a dependent.  I sent in amended forms per IRS request/requirements in March.  They have ‘no information available’ is the message I receive upon contacting irs.

5472lc

Please hold your desire to report ‘usual’ activity.  I need resolution regarding my Specific issue.  I’ve followed procedure as instructed by the IRS to rectify the mistake - TurboTax made - to no avail.

Not sure how you think TT made an error ... the MY INFO section is totally dependent on the user to answer the questions properly ... Single is the correct filing status AND marital status  if you are unmarried  and the question about you being claimed as a dependent  is only something you can answer ... the program cannot see you or your situation to make that determination ... if you do not understand the question the program has blue LEARN MORE links to click on ... the user must avail themselves of all sources presented to make the best choices.    

All you can do now is amend the return to correct the error ... amended returns this year will take 4 to 6 months to process so patience will be needed. 

claim as a dependent.PNG