Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mporterpas

How do I enter the information for the I-335 form for SC? Also, how do I get the self employed medical insurance premiums to the front page of the 1040?

1 Reply
BMcCalpin
Level 13

How do I enter the information for the I-335 form for SC? Also, how do I get the self employed medical insurance premiums to the front page of the 1040?

Information that populates SC form I-335 comes both from the return itself as well as from the "Tax on Active Trade or Business Income" dialogue in the South Carolina interview. 

Enter the South Carolina interview, and proceed until your find the screen with the title "Tax on Active Trade or Business Income". Answer "yes" to the question "Do you want to use the optional income tax rate to compute the tax on your active trade or business income?". Then answer the questions on the following several screens to complete the I-335

To answer your second question, please see the following FAQ. Note that you may to upgrade from TurboTax Deluxe to enter this deduction. In TurboTax Desktop Home & Business, the navigation is to "Business Expenses->Other Common Business Expenses->Insurance Payments" - https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5802930

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.48m
Members

2.61m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v