turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter a 2nd job W-2?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
HelenC1
Intuit Alumni

How do I enter a 2nd job W-2?

If you haven't e-filed your income tax return and you need to add another W-2: 

1. Select Take me to my return in TurboTax.
  2. Type “W-2” in the Search box.
  3. Select the “Jump to W-2” link.
  4. At the Let’s get/start with your W-2 info screen, select Work on my W-2 now and then Continue. (Or, Add Another W-2 if you see the Here’s your W-2 info screen.)
  5. The next screen asks for the Employer ID Number, don’t enter it, just select Continue.
  6. On the Let’s type in the rest of your W-2 info screen, you can manually enter your info.

If you already e-filed, until your return moves into accepted status, you won't be able to amend. In fact, you won't be able to do anything with your return.

But here's what you can do in the meantime:

1. Keep checking your e-file status or watch your email inbox for a status update.
  2. Once your return is accepted or Form 1040X is finalized (whichever comes later), you can amend. (If your return gets rejected, make the necessary changes before re-sending or filing.)
  3. If you're amending to claim more money, the IRS says to wait until you've received your original refund before filing an amendment.
  4. Once you've received your original refund, feel free to cash or spend it while your amendment gets processed (this can take 12–16 weeks).
  5. To amend your income tax return, click on How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed.
  6. Three weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site.

Related Information: 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies