Solved: How do I enter a 1099 MISC from my current employer if I don't actually own/run my own business? It was for my intro period when I was hired but paid as contracted labor

kasdimas

How do I enter a 1099 MISC from my current employer if I don't actually own/run my own business? It was for my intro period when I was hired but paid as contracted labor

Rachel_W

You need to include your income from your contract labor on a Schedule C.  You can also deduct any expenses related to earning the contract labor income on your Schedule C.  When you receive a Form 1099-MISC for work you have done, the IRS considers this self-employment income.

You can check out this link to a TurboTax FAQ for more details on reporting this income: Where do I enter Schedule C?

Rachel_W

kasdimas

When I entered the information, it asked if I started the work in 2018, if I ended the work in 2018, or if neither were done. Do I mark that I both started and ended the work in 2018 since I was only paid this way for 60 days before being added to the normal payroll by my employer?
Rachel_W

Yes, you are correct....you should mark that you both started and ended the work in 2018.
kasdimas

Thank you so much!
Rachel_W

You are welcome!