myrapatino10147

How do I correct a mistake with transferring my previous year tax return? I imported the wrong file and now it's showing a different AGI for last year.

myrapatino10147

Is there a way to remove the previous year information and re-import the correct 2017 file without having to re-do this year's tax return?
Rachel_W

No, unfortunately there is not.
Rachel_W

You can correct your 2017 AGI by following these steps:

• Login to your TurboTax Account 
  • Click "Take Me To My Return"
  • Click "File" from the left side of your screen
  • Go to Step 3 (if needed, revisit Steps 1 and/or 2 to activate Step 3).
  • Proceed, and make sure you've selected the option "I want to E-file"
  • Continue through the screens and you will be given the opportunity to input your 2017 AGI 
myrapatino10147

I don't understand these steps.  I already have my 2018 turbo tax return file open.  What do you mean about logging into the account?
Rachel_W

If you are using TurboTax Desktop, the "File" tab is at the top after you open your return.
myrapatino10147

Yes, and when I went to file, I didn't see where I was supposed to go to Step 3 or "if needed, revisit Steps 1 and/or 2 to activate Step 3".