How do I claim miscellaneous income over $600 if I didn't get a 1099-MISC form?

You're considered self-employed for tax purposes even if you didn't receive a Form 1099-MISC for your work. 

To enter your self-employment income:

• Continue working on your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in, click Take me to my return, then click Pick up where I left off.)
  • Click the drop-down arrow next to Tax Tools (lower left of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the I'm looking for: box, type self-employment.
  • In the results box, highlight self-employment income, then click GO.
  • You'll land on Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? Click Yes. (Click the first screenshot below for reference.)
  • You'll be prompted to Tell us the type of self-employment work you do. Enter a work description (for example, landscaping) and click Continue. Important: If this is a joint return, be sure to indicate that the income belongs to you. (Click the second screenshot below for reference.)
  • Continue through the interview. A few screens in, TurboTax will display Let's get income for Your Work. Select the option that applies to you. (Click the third screenshot below for reference.) For example, you'll check the second option, Additional income, if you were paid with cash and checks. (If you need help deciding which option to choose, click the Learn more link.) After you select an option, click Continue
  • Tell us about additional income for your work. Enter a Description (for example, cash) and an Amount. If needed, click +Add another group. For example, you can add a separate entry for checks. (Click the fourth screenshot below for reference.) When finished entering this info, click Continue.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions to the end of this section.

Please note: If you are using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "My Account") to search for the topic.

If I didn't get a 1099-MISC, do I still need to report the income? Even if it's less than $600? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4772601

[Edited 02.05.2018 I 06:28PM PST]