bea326

How do I change the mailing address for an extension i just filed?

StevenC1

If you have already filed, and it was not rejected,

You will need to change your address directly with the IRS:

By Form

To change your address with the IRS, you may complete a Form 8822 (PDF), Change of Address, (For Individual, Gift, Estate, or Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax Returns), and/or a Form 8822-B (PDF), Change of Address or Responsible Party — Business, and send them to the address shown on the forms. For information on changing the "responsible party," see Form 8822-B. You may download or print the fillable Forms 8822 and 8822-B or order them by calling 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).

In Writing

You may also write to inform us of your address change. If you write, we need your:

• full name
  • old and new addresses
  • social security number, individual taxpayer identification number, or employer identification number, and
  • signature

StevenC1

Please let me know if that answers your question, or if I can provide further assistance.
StevenC1

By Form

In Writing

• full name
  • old and new addresses
  • signature