How do I change my banking account information?

daparke124

macuser_22

It cannot be changed for any past tax return after you file.  For 2020 you supply that information as the last step before sending the return to the IRS.

NCperson

this is from the IRS:

No. To help protect against potential fraud, the tool does not allow people to change direct deposit information already on file with the IRS.

If we issue a direct deposit and the bank information is invalid or the bank account has been closed, the bank will reject the deposit. We will then mail your Payment as soon as possible to the address we have on file for you, and we will update Get My Payment to reflect the date your payment will be mailed. Typically, once the payment is mailed, it will take up to 14 days to receive the payment, standard mailing time.