arelis_96

How do I add w-2

Why can I not add my w2
bluedeb

How do I add w-2

Have you already filed your return??   If you have already submitted your return, you will have to wait until you find out if your returns are rejected or accepted.  If they are rejected you can add your additional W-2 & re-transmit your return.

If your returns are accepted, you will have to amend your return to add the W-2.  You cannot amend your return until the amendment form (1040X for Federal) is available which is sometime in mid to late February.  You should also wait to amend your return until your original return has been fully processed.  The IRS gets copies of all W-2's so they might send you a letter requesting the additional W-2

--------------------------------

If you have not filed your return, see the following to add a W-2

1. Click on Federal Taxes, and then click Wages & Income
  2. Click on I'll choose what I work on.
  3. On the summary page, look for the Wages and Salaries section.
  4. Under this, it should list W2 and then Wages & Salaries. Click on the Update/Start button  to the right of this.
  5. Follow the interview instructions to add each of your W2s.
arelis_96

How do I add w-2

@bluedeb Well pretty much it said it filed my last years taxes, Which got me confused. I haven’t entered the w-2 for my most recent job so I’m a bit lost. 

bluedeb

How do I add w-2

You would need to start a new return for your 2019 taxes, that is where you would add your w-2. 

How do I start a return in TurboTax Online?

Each tax return requires a separate account with a separate username and password, but you can use the same email address for all of them. Never start another return by going back and overwriting everything in the return you just filed. This will replace your info, which means you won't be able to retrieve your return later.

To start a return or another return in TurboTax Online, here’s what to do:

1. Sign out of TurboTax Online.
  2. Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the second return and proceed.
  3. On the Create your account screen, set up a new user ID for the second return.
    • You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return.
    • Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
  4. After you've created the new account, you can start working on the second return.
  5. If you can't create a new account because your web browser automatically logs you into your old account, you may need to clear your browser history, cache and cookies.

-------------------------------------

If you already started your return, you can clear your information & start over

How do I clear and start over in TurboTax Online?

As long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered, you can erase your return and start from scratch in TurboTax Online.

1. Sign in and select a topic to continue your return.
  2. On the next screen, from the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then Clear & Start Over (select the menu icon in the upper-left corner if you don't see this menu).
  3. Answer Yes in the pop-up to confirm.