turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How come, even though I entered my IP PIN in Turbo Tax, it doesn't show up on the screen where I can preview what my tax forms look like? Shouldn't it appear in the signature area on Page 2?

I entered my IP PIN in Turbo Tax, and I'm getting ready to file, but I don't see the IP PIN on the forms preview to review on the screen before filing.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How come, even though I entered my IP PIN in Turbo Tax, it doesn't show up on the screen where I can preview what my tax forms look like? Shouldn't it appear in the signature area on Page 2?

The IP PIN will not show on your PDF copy or printed copy of your return for safety measures. The Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) that is included in an e-filed return will be sent to the IRS with your e-filed return. However, for additional security the IP PIN does not appear on printed or PDF copies of returns in order to protect your information. If you print and mail your returns, you'll need to write it in by hand in the space provided before sending it in.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The IP PIN will not show on your PDF copy or printed copy of your return for safety measures. The Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) that is included in an e-filed return will be sent to the IRS with your e-filed return. However, for additional security the IP PIN does not appear on printed or PDF copies of returns in order to protect your information. If you print and mail your returns, you'll need to write it in by hand in the space provided before sending it in.

It would help if the print copy or PDF had "ENTERED" or "******" to confirm it was e-filed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies