eshawger

How can we users petition TurboTax to go back to the former CD case product. I don't like the 2020 cardboard less expensive packaging at all.

I consider TurboTax the best prep software and I've been using it for years after TaxCut.  Downgrading the nice CD case to a cheap cardboard folder and CD holder is disappointing.  Surely some marketing expert got a nice bonus for cutting back on costs.  I'm sure they spin it in meetings as a better product.  I disagree with that 100%.

If you buy it at a store you probably can get the real CD case.  Actually you don't even need the CD.  Once you buy it you can download the program.  The download is better to install even though it is exactly the same program.  The CD is useless once you install it.  The download has all the updates. And a lot of newer computers don't have CD drives anymore.  

Why do you want a fancy case?  I take my CD out and put it in a paper envelope and put it in my tax folder with my tax return. 

NCperson

@eshawger - maybe its better for the environment as the paper will degrade over time and the plastic won't?  Maybe it has nothing to do with 'cost'.   Maybe we should all begin to buy the download and dispense with the physical product all together - better for the environment. 

The CD is a useless piece of plastic and will probably be done away with all together soon.