If you can't verify your identity online or don't have the required documentation, please contact us using the toll-free number listed on your letter.
To expedite the process when calling, you must have:
- Your 5071C letter, 5747C letter, 5447C letter, or 6331C letter
- The income tax return (form 1040,1040-PR, 1040-NR, 1040-SR, etc.) for the year shown on the letter
- Note: A Form W-2 or 1099 is not an income tax return
- Any other prior year income tax return
- Any supporting W-2's, 1099's, Schedule C, Schedule F, etc.
If we can't verify your identity over the phone, we may ask you to schedule an appointment at your local IRS office to verify your identity in person.
Still have questions?Make a post