Yes, you can transfer last year's return from your computer in to your 2015 TurboTax Online Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business return.
Follow the steps below to transfer your prior year return:
You can transfer last year's tax data file (not the PDF) if you're preparing your 2016 return in TurboTax Online Deluxe, Premier, or Self-Employed.
Note: If you already started a return in TurboTax Online, transferring will clear any info you have already entered. Please keep in mind, a .tax file from a previous year will not transfer if the file is password protected.
- Sign in to TurboTax Online and start a new return (or continue a return you already started).
- Make sure you've gone past the blue "simple and accurate" screen before continuing to the next step.
- Select Tools from the My Account drop-down menu in the upper right corner.
- In the pop-up window, select Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish transferring your file.
Still have questions?Make a post