How can I report my dad’s funeral fundraiser, I ha...

angel_lpz18

How can I report my dad’s funeral fundraiser, I have a 1099K form

How can I claim my baby’s stimulus check if she was born in 2020?

A child born (even on Dec 31) is considered to live with you the whole year.  So pick the Whole Year at the top of the drop down box.

Go back to My Info and make sure you said your baby lived with you the WHOLE YEAR and not just the number of months.  Even if a baby was born on Dec 31 he is considered to live with you the whole year.  You might have to delete the baby and re add him.  Pay attention to the questions, especially the one asking if he paid more than half of his support.  

If you qualify for more Stimulus payment it will show up on 1040 line 30.

JeffreyR77

You can report your dad's funeral fundraiser by first adding the Form 1099-K income. Navigate in TurboTax to Federal, Wages and Income, Less Common Income, Miscellaneous Income 1099-A, 1099-C (all the way at the bottom of the page).

You can then enter your 1099-K income and then a reversing entry so the amount reported is subtracted from your taxable income as the fundraiser proceeds are not taxable.  We are sorry the loss of your father.