How can I get rid of the W2 section that I accidentally started to fill out? It won't let me e-file. I don't have a W2

I accidentally started to fill out the W2 section because I got a distribution from my IRA and I thought it was a W2.  When I realized it wasn't right, I continued on.  Now, it won't let me e-file my Federal return and keeps going back to the W2.  I tried following the directions to delete it, but it still won't let me do that.  I may be doing something wrong, but I have to get rid of that before it will let me e-file.  How can I get that W2 section deleted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DeniseF1

If you haven't already filed your return, please take the following steps to delete your W-2 information in TurboTax:

• In your return, click on Federal Taxes tab
  • Click on Wages & Income tab
  • Under "Your income", "Job (W-2)", find the W-2 on which you want to make a change, and click on Edit/Add button
  • On next page entitled "Here's your W-2 info", you will see W-2 listed, under Employer's name
  • To the far right of the listed W-2 you will see a trash can - click on the trash can
  • A pop-up screen will display, asking if you are sure that you want to delete the W-2 - click on Yes button
  • W-2 will be deleted