turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I get last year's AGI,

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
RamonT

Entering your prior year AGI is a new IRS requirement for electronically filed returns, the best way to find your AGI is on last year’s tax return, follow the instructions here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900840-how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi

? Did you amend your tax return last year? If so, make sure you are using your AGI from your original tax return, not the amended return. If the only form you have is the 1040X, this would be line 1, column A

? Did you file last year’s return late or was it processed late (after mid-November 2016)? If so, you can enter zero as your AGI and then e-file again

? If you want to double check the number on your tax return with the IRS to make sure that your printed copy is the same as what is on file, you can also request a transcript here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript If you can’t get your transcript online, you can also request one by mail.

If you still can’t resolve your e-file reject you can always print and mail your tax return(s) instead of electronic filing, you don’t need to provide your AGI to print and mail.

miminight
Returning Member

How can I get last years AGI

BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

You can find your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) by:

• Looking at line 7 on page 2 of your 2018 Form 1040
  • Requesting a transcript of your 2018 tax return from the IRS. You can request your transcript online at the following link: Get Transcript 

If you did not file a tax return in 2018, enter zero for your AGI.

For more information please click on this TurboTax article.

@miminight

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2018 AGI  and total income

@Jordin Carroll wrote:

2018 AGI  and total income

You can get those figures on the 2018 return.  See the following FAQ and video:

FAQ:  How do I find last year's AGI?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/00/25947

If you used Online TurboTax last year, log in, and at the Tax Home scroll down to "Your Tax Returns & Documents."   Expand that section and choose tax year 2018.  Then look for a link "Download/print the PDF" or "View adjusted gross income (AGI.)"   

If you're not able to find the 2018 online return in that same account you're using for 2019, we can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.

deonna8

louise reed my aunt let me log in her account to find my AIG my name is [PII removed] would you need more info?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Please see the following articles for helpful suggestions in finding your prior year AGI:  

@deonna8

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies