amayes6199

How can I delete my federal return and only file state?

I have already filed federal with a separate company, can I file state only with Turbo tax?
npierson7

You can do it and print and mail-in your state return to your state tax board. However, to create your state return you'll have to enter your data in Federal section of the interview and it should be exact same entries like in your tax return you already filed.

Minn-4919

I was having so much trouble with my return and trying to detach invalid documents that I created a new one but what happened is it combined everything now I have 2 returns that are not right. I need to delete and start over

EbonyL122824

@Minn-4919 As long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered, you can erase your return and start from scratch in TurboTax Online. Follow the directions in this FAQ here to do so.