turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Lucky1

I got supplemental bonus for travel and 40% tax was withheld. My W2 doesn't show the supplemental income or taxes withheld. Do employer provide this in W2 or any form?

I received my supplemental bonus as air tickets for travel to my home country. My 40% taxes were withheld. Now I received my W2 which doesn't include my supplemental income or 40% taxes withheld. Do employer provide this information in W2 or any other form? Also wanted to know if the taxes are 40% for supplemental income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I got supplemental bonus for travel and 40% tax was withheld. My W2 doesn't show the supplemental income or taxes withheld. Do employer provide this in W2 or any form?

The 'bonus' and the withheld taxes are required to be added to your W-2.

If it is not included on your W-2, you need to discuss it with your employer to have them send you a corrected W-2.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The 'bonus' and the withheld taxes are required to be added to your W-2.

If it is not included on your W-2, you need to discuss it with your employer to have them send you a corrected W-2.

Lucky1

How about the tax percent on supplemental income. Is it 40%?

The amount your employer withheld can vary, but on your actual tax return, it is taxed at your regular tax rate.

So if you are in the 25% tax bracket, it would be taxed at 25%.  However, it is also subject to State taxes (whatever your State tax rate is) and your employer already withheld the Social Security and Medicare taxes (up to 7.65% total).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies