duke5551

Hot to transfer turbo tax pro from windows 7 to windows 10?

have to get windows 10 computer to use turbo tax pro 2019. exixting computer is windows 7, where I have the 7 last years, how do I transfer my data files to the new computer?

For the Pro Series of TurboTax software use this website for assistance - https://accountants-community.intuit.com/proconnect-proseries-us-en

Anonymous
Not applicable

not so sure you need win7 for 2019.        TT has changed its policy TT will work on win7 computers for 2019 returns but not for 2020 returns  .   

here is link

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/windows-7-end-of-support-impact-for-turbotax/01/85...

however win 7 will not be microsoft supported os starting in 2020 so there will be no updates for any bugs or vulnerabilities.  

If you are using a professional program and switching computers for any reason then you will need to reinstall all of the prior year programs to open the returns and work on them. Hopefully the system you used also saves the returns as PDF files which you should have been backing up to a secondary storage medium. Using that medium you should be able to transfer all the PDF and .taxfiles to the new computer system just like you will for all of your other data. I have a backup hard drive that backs up my entire system AND a duel deck server (so my info is saved no less than 3 times daily) ... if you are in the income tax business you need to take precautions to save and safeguard your sensitive information. Seek a computer geek if this is beyond your knowledge base.
honeybunn