turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scbutters

Trying to import my 1099-B from Betterment and keep getting an error.

Is there a fix for this?
Betterment claims it should be possible but that there may be a transaction limit. I have 859 transactions for 2016.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BennyG

Hi scbutters. The desktop versions may be better for those transactions. I don't think there's trouble with the transmission or what you're doing, it sounds like you've passed the transaction limits. It's up to 500 for each brokerage account.

I'll post an article that describes the limits for both, check it out for more information regarding possible summaries:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300066

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BennyG

Hi scbutters. The desktop versions may be better for those transactions. I don't think there's trouble with the transmission or what you're doing, it sounds like you've passed the transaction limits. It's up to 500 for each brokerage account.

I'll post an article that describes the limits for both, check it out for more information regarding possible summaries:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300066

Since the CD version doesn't support Linux. Maybe they should increase the transaction limit?
BennyG

Linux is awesome!  I love it, but yes you're correct about it on desktop TurboTax. I'll forward the feedback about increasing the limits online @lisadarville , we appreciate it.
JuanJ

Hi,

You can securely import your 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID, or 1099-R into TurboTax, provided your broker or financial institution participates in our TurboTax Partner program.

When you get to the place in TurboTax where we ask if you received that form, answer Yes and we'll give you the option to import.

You can also jump straight to that section by searching for the 1099 form number in TurboTax and then clicking the Jump to link in the search results.

Tip: When selecting your financial institution or brokerage from the list, be sure to select the right one. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the "wrong" First National Bank, you won't be able to import.

scbutters

Thanks Juan. There is only one option for Betterment, so I am selecting the correct one. When I click import, TurboTax returns a message saying "The import was unsuccessful." My 1099 form from Betterment specifically says that they've worked with TurboTax to establish this connection and that it should work.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies