Hi I recently quit my job and got a new one. My qu...

koather

Hi I recently quit my job and got a new one. My question is how will I file my 2020 taxes if I get two separate w2’s? Thank you!

All W-2's you receive are entered on only one tax return.  After entering the first W-2 you can enter the second W-2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you will enter both w-2's.  in step by step mode, there should be a question as to whether you got another w-2 - answer yes.  if forms mode there should be a link to add another w-2.  or you could type w-2 in search box tobe able to enter second

When tax time comes around do NOT make the mistake of thinking you file a separate tax return for each W-2.  ALL of your W-2's will go on the same tax return--even if you have a bunch of them.