Hi I recently quit my job and got a new one. My qu...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koather

Hi I recently quit my job and got a new one. My question is how will I file my 2020 taxes if I get two separate w2’s? Thank you!

3 Replies
DoninGA
Level 15

Hi I recently quit my job and got a new one. My question is how will I file my 2020 taxes if I get two separate w2’s? Thank you!

All W-2's you receive are entered on only one tax return.  After entering the first W-2 you can enter the second W-2.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you will enter both w-2's.  in step by step mode, there should be a question as to whether you got another w-2 - answer yes.  if forms mode there should be a link to add another w-2.  or you could type w-2 in search box tobe able to enter second

xmasbaby0
Level 15

When tax time comes around do NOT make the mistake of thinking you file a separate tax return for each W-2.  ALL of your W-2's will go on the same tax return--even if you have a bunch of them.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings