mmartinsattie

Hi! I have a new job (W-2) and I am having trouble filling out the W4 and D4. Has anyone been through this?

I am married filing jointly. We have no kids. I have no idea what to put on the fields "Extra Withholding", "number of allowances", "Estimated Deductions", "Additional Amount"....we have no kids! thanks!!!

Use the Tax Withholding Estimator on the IRS web site to figure out what you and your husband should each put on the W-4 forms that you give to your employers. It's much easier than using the worksheets on the form. It will let you adjust your withholding to get the approximate refund amount that you want.

Tax Withholding Estimator

fanfare

Read and follow the instructions for W-4 which are a part of the Form W-4.

It will tell you what to do.

fanfare

"Has anyone been through this?"

Anyone who takes a regular job for wages has to fill out the W-4.

Report your filing status: Married, and leave everything else blank if you are still uncertain.