laurenhase-yahoo

HI! I filed for unemployment and wasn't accepted until I was rehired at my job, so I didn't use it or activate it. Do I still have to file as receiving unemployment?

rjs

If you did not actually receive any unemployment payments, then you do not report any unemployment on your tax return. When TurboTax asks if you received unemployment, answer No. If you did not receive any payments, it doesn't matter if your application for unemployment was accepted. What matters is whether you actually received any money.

rjs

Your username looks like it might be your email address. If it is, you should change it for your privacy and safety. This is a public web site that anyone can view, including scammers and hackers.

To change your username, click your avatar in the top right corner of the community screen. On the menu that opens click My Settings. On the settings screen click Personal at the top left, then under that click Username (if not already selected). Enter the new name that you want in the box, then click Change Username.