kndmrenes

Hi! I did tax return process. I had j1 visa.My tax return form type 1040A but my friend's type 1040EZ. Which one is wrong ? Which one is for J1 Visa?

bine22

On J1 you are a nonresident alien for the first 2 years (nonstudent) or 5 years (student). As a nonresident alien you need to file form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ plus form 8843. So none of the forms you mention in your post are correct in this situation. Turbotax does not support returns for nonresident aliens

Have a look at publication 519: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-publication-519

LinaJ2018

When did you first enter the US?
oznurakay

...
kndmrenes

Detroit but after gone cleveland
bine22

when did you come to the US? Is it a student or nonstudent visa?
oznurakay

I came 23 june 2017. I was student. Just came for work
bine22