Solved: Hi, how do I file my taxes for free? I am being prompted to use 'Plus', but I would rather not pay the extra money. Thanks!

zchampoux

Hi, how do I file my taxes for free? I am being prompted to use 'Plus', but I would rather not pay the extra money. Thanks!

LisaBr

You do not have to upgrade to Plus.  TurboTax will ask you several times to be sure that you do not miss it.  Just continue to respond No and you will not be up-graded and you can proceed to e-filing your return.

If you do not upgrade be sure that you are saving and/or printing your return after you e-file.  This will help you next year when you are asked for your Adjusted Gross Income. 

LisaBr