nathalieennh

Hi, how do I change the payment method for my tax fees? I don't want the fees to come out of my return so I can avoid the charge.

TomK

I'm sorry, but once your e-filed return is in pending or accepted status, it's too late to remove the Refund Processing Service.

However, if your return gets rejected and you decide to file a paper return, the Refund Processing Service and related fees, if any, drop off anyway because Refund Processing is only available on e-filed returns.

Note: There may or may not be a charge for Refund Processing, depending on your situation and which add-ons you choose.

Instructions

Here's how to remove the Refund Processing Service before you e-file:

1. Sign in to your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Click File in the upper right corner and proceed to the Just one more step screen.
  3. On this screen, click the first Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
  4. Click View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
  6. Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the Refund Processing Service has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card.