TurboTax Free Edition is an online-only product that supports simple tax returns that can be filed on Form 1040 without any attached schedules.
Simple tax situations covered in TurboTax Free Edition:
- W-2 income
- Limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV
- Claiming the standard deduction
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)
- Child tax credits
Situations not covered in TurboTax Free Edition include:
- Itemized deductions
- Business or 1099-MISC income
- Stock sales
- Rental property income
- Credits, deductions and income reported on schedules 1–3, such as the Student Loan Interest Deduction
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"