Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why doesn't turbo ask about pac credit

I donated to Oregon Right to Life $100 - Turbo Tax does not ask me the question of PAC Credit ??? Maybe it only shows up in Oregon report.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GeoffreyG

Hello rchase1593:

With respect, the Oregon political tax credit (up to $50 per individual, or $100 on a Married Filing Jointly return) is available in the Oregon TurboTax module.  Admittedly, however, it's an easy thing to miss.

To find it and make your state political credit entry, you will need to revisit the Oregon program module in the software, and then make your way through it until you reach the interview landing page titled "Take a Look at Oregon Credits and Taxes" or something very similar to that (depending on the version of TurboTax you are using).  There you will find the Political Contribution Credit screen and can make your entry.

As a guide for you, I've created several screen-capture images from the 2016 Oregon TurboTax module.  You will find them directly beneath this text; simply click the images to open.

Thank you for asking this question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GeoffreyG

Hello rchase1593:

With respect, the Oregon political tax credit (up to $50 per individual, or $100 on a Married Filing Jointly return) is available in the Oregon TurboTax module.  Admittedly, however, it's an easy thing to miss.

To find it and make your state political credit entry, you will need to revisit the Oregon program module in the software, and then make your way through it until you reach the interview landing page titled "Take a Look at Oregon Credits and Taxes" or something very similar to that (depending on the version of TurboTax you are using).  There you will find the Political Contribution Credit screen and can make your entry.

As a guide for you, I've created several screen-capture images from the 2016 Oregon TurboTax module.  You will find them directly beneath this text; simply click the images to open.

Thank you for asking this question.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies