turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, id like to file efile for free please can you please help me start over ?i dont know really know what im doing!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Hello, id like to file efile for free please can you please help me start over ?i dont know really know what im doing!

What is it charging you for?  In the regular Free Edition the Federal return is free, but there is a 29.99 fee to prepare a state return.  And there can be a 29.99 fee if you upgraded to the PLUS edition.    If it's charging you for PLUS, we can tell you how you may be able to remove PLUS.   But if you have a state return, it will still charge you for the state return.

If you want to have no fees at all, you can see if you qualify for FREEDOM Edition (not the same as regular Free Edition).   The FREEDOM Edition is the TurboTax product that is in conjunction with the IRS Free File Alliance.  It has free Federal preparation AND free State preparation. There is no efiling fee or other fees. 

The Freedom Edition is more fully-featured than the regular Free Edition.  The Freedom Edition can prepare Schedule A, C, D, E, F and enter K-1 that the Free Edition cannot.  It will prepare a Form 1040 return, or 1040A or 1040EZ.

For Freedom Edition a user needs to meet only ONE of these qualifications: 

•  AGI of $33,000 or less
  •  or active duty military (including Reservists and National Guard) with a military-issued W-2 and a 2017 AGI of $66,000 or less
  •  or eligible for the Earned Income Credit (EIC aka EITC).

The FREEDOM Edition is located at the following site:
https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom

Here's how to switch and start over in Freedom Edition. Requires new account (User ID) at the Freedom website.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2026912-how-do-i-switch-to-turbotax-freedom-edition

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies